(PRESS RELEASE) COLUMBUS, OH – The two professional bouts at UVC 26: Uprising couldn’t have gone any differently. In the main event, heavyweight Justin Woods (4-0 / fighting out of Leo, IN) earned a TKO over Tim Dunn (1-2 / fighting out of Portsmouth, OH), while Stephen Singleton (2-3 / fighting out of Cincinnati, OH) submitted William Max Scoby (2-1 / fighting out of Dayton, OH) with a triangle choke in less than a minute.
The unassuming Woods continued his knockout streak, as he picked up his fourth win via strikes in as many bouts as a professional. A wrestler by trade, the big puncher decided instead to stand and trade with Dunn. After the two fighters traded heavy blows in the first round, an uppercut from Woods staggered Dunn, and then a short right hand dropped him. Woods pounced for one more shot before the referee jumped in to halt the bout just over 90 seconds in. Video of the bout is available here.
Vision MMA’s Singleton continued his brutal road as a professional, as he picked up his second professional win with a triangle choke over Scoby in the first round. Singleton has now faced opponents with a combined 13-4 record as a professional, and the fighters he has lost to have a combined 9-1 record. He also snapped a three-fight losing streak with the win over Scoby, who lost for the first time in five bouts dating to his amateur career.
In amateur action, Darnell Pettis (6-3 / fighting out of Cleveland, OH) scored an impressive win, while Ronin Training Center’s Sean Highfill (3-0 / fighting out of Columbus, OH) stayed unbeaten with a unanimous decision win. Jesus Pacheco (2-0 / fighting out of Westerville, OH) also picked up his second impressive TKO win in as many bouts inside the UVC cage.
Full results from UVC 26:
- 265 lbs: Mo Benzegala def. Tyler Mullins via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- 155 lbs: Ronnie Wilson def. Blake Bitticker via rear naked choke – Round 1, 1:11
- 170 lbs: Alex Johnston def. Mark McVicker via arm bar – Round 3, 1:15
- 155 lbs: Jesus Pacheco def. Julian Silvey via TKO (punches) – Round 2, 0:59
- 135 lbs: Sean Highfill def. Floyd Cisco via unanimous decision (30-27 x3)
- 145 lbs: Darnell Pettis def. Jordan Schembri via TKO (injury) – Round 2, 3:00
- 160 lbs: Stephen Singleton def. William Max Scoby via triangle – Round 1, 0:55
- 265 lbs: Justin Woods def. Tim Dunn via TKO (punches) – Round 1, 1:35